Vishveshwarya Group of Institutions (VGI) was established in the year 2000 in order to impart high quality education to the students in the areas of Technology, Pharmacy, Management, Agriculture and various other courses. Since its inception, the college has continuously been ranked in the top colleges in the Uttar Pradesh State.
Vishveshwarya Group of Institutions has been gratefully borrowed from the name of Sir Mokshagundam Vishveshwarya,India’s first civil Engineer.
The undergraduate and post graduate courses offered by Vishveshwarya Group of Institutions is governed by the following bodies:-
- ALL INDIA COUNCIL OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION (AICTE)
- PHARMACY COUNCIL OF INDIA (PCI)
- FEDERATION OF INDIAN CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRIES (FICCI)
The bachelors and masters programs in technology ,pharmacy and management are affiliated to the Dr. APJ ABDUL KALAM TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY where as the diploma programs in engineering are governed by the BOARD OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION, Uttar Pradesh. The college also offers Bachelors in Education program that is governed by CHAUDHARY CHARAN SINGH UNIVERSITY, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh.
Vishveshwarya Group of Institutions is located at Greater Noida phase-2 near Dadri at Ghaziabad-Bulandshahr highway. It is approximately 20 kilometers away from Ghaziabad city center and 8 kilometers from Pari Chowk, Greater Noida.
The college has a beautiful 65 acres huge campus with lush green lawns, and boasts of the most modern infrastructure including state of the art laboratories having cutting edge apparatus and equipment. Separate boarding and lodging facilities are available for boys and girls within the campus itself. More information about the college infrastructure is available on the infrastructure page here .
“To make Vishveshwarya Group of Institutions to be India’s most dynamic and vibrant educational institution, actively responsive to the rapidly changing global trends in education, providing exemplary education to the young Indian society seeking quality education for the professional and personal development of the self”
“To assist the noble endeavor of our Prime Minister to make India the skill capital of the world by the year 2022”
MAT (Microsoft Aptitude Test) is a Computer-Based Test organized by the institution for the candidates wishing to take admission under management quota. The objective of the test is to ascertain the competency in related subjects of the course applied for by the candidate.
The MAT can be taken at the VGI Campus or even at the locations specified by the Institution. It is important that the candidate pre-registers for taking the MAT. MAT is a computer-based test of 60 minutes duration with no negative marking. The result of the test is declared immediately and based on the performance in MAT, the candidate is eligible for scholarships under the management quota. Please Contact the Admission Cell (link to admission cell)to know more about the scholarships available to the MAT participants.
VGI MAT Guidelines
- 1. As mentioned earlier, MAT is used to ascertain the students candidature for the program applied by the candidate. For getting admission to any of the programs offered by VGI, its imperative that the candidate demonstrates a specified level of knowledge, competency and the right aptitude. Needless to say, VGI does not entertain students looking to get direct admission in the institution without assessing the student’s relevant competency.
- 2. The students are advised to brush up the basic concepts of the subjects on which they will be assessed through MAT.
- 3. The use of mobile phones during the MAT is strictly not allowed. However, the student s can use the scientific calculators during the test.
- 4. Students must report atleast 30 minutes prior to the commencement of MAT.
- 5. The students are not allowed to go out of the assessment room during the test.
- 6. The student shall be allowed to use paper sheets and pens for rough calculations during the test.
- 7. In case of any technical issue during the test the students must inform the MAT Coordinator present in the assessment room immediately.
- 8. The scholarships prescribed by the institution are purely based on the level of performance of the candidate in the MAT and shall be final and binding.