The Department of CIVIL ENGINEERING
Civil Engineering involves Planning, Designing and Executing structural work. It includes a wide variety of Engineering tasks including Designing, Supervision and Construction activities for the development of infrastructure necessary for a growing nation like India thereby offering a plethora of challenging career opportunities in the public as well as in the private sector.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVESProgram Objective 1 :
Graduates will be able to analyze, design and propose a feasible solution to civil engineering problems by applying basic principles of mathematics, science and engineering.Program Objective 2 :
Graduates will be inculcated with necessary professional skills, effective oral and written communication to be productive engineers.Program Objective 3 :
Graduates will be able to work as a team in intra and interdisciplinary endeavors for development of new ideas and products to serve in contemporary societal contexts.Program Objective 4 :
Graduates will be able to face challenges of the world economic order by incorporating expertise gained by faculty in consultancy work, for educating students, involving modern tools and techniques.Program Objective 5 :
Graduates will achieve a high level of technical and managerial expertise to achieve excellence, outstanding leadership to succeed in positions in civil engineering profession with higher threshold start in employment background.
- 1. Competency to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- 2. Competency to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- 3. Competency to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- 4. Competency to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- 5. Competency to identify, formulate and solve civil engineering problems.
- 6. An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- 7. An ability to communicate effectively.
- 8. The broad education necessary to understand the impact of civil engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- 9. A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- 10. knowledge of contemporary issues.
- 11. An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for civil engineering practice.
- 12. An ability to explain basic concepts and problem solving processes used in management.
Civil Engineering Department of Vishveshwarya Group of Institutions trains the students for the cause of technical education. In this department, education means enrichment of analytical and application skills of engineering principles along with overall personality development. The outcome is that our students are at par with the best of institutes of the country.
As part of the preparation process, the civil engineering department faculty has adopted the following specific program outcomes to be achieved at the civil engineering department.
Under Graduate Programme
Programme Name : B.Tech. (Civil Engineering)
Eligibility Criteria : As specified in the information regarding program eligibility. Click here to see the details
Jobs Prospects : A large number of students are employed in reputed public and private organizations in India and abroad. - A number of students have obtained admissions for higher studies in reputed universities in India and abroad. - All the students of B. Tech undergo practical training in different private, semi-government and government organizations.