Workshop and Laboratories are the heart life lines of any Mechanical Engineering Department. The department has Aa well equipped workshop occupying
over 5000 sq. ft. area and has adequate facilitates for training of students. The department has following labs.A few other labs that the department
owns are :
- Material Testing & Material Science lab
- Dynamics of Machine lab
- Fluid Mechanics lab
- Applied Thermodynamics lab
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning lab
- Heat & Mass Transfer lab
- Automobile Engineering lab
- CAD/CAM lab
- Engineering Graphics lab
- Manufacturing Practices lab
- Measurement & Metrology
- Mechanics lab
WORKSHOPS/GUEST LECTURES ORGANIZED/ PROPOSED
|Modern and Micro Casting Processes
||Mr. B.P Khare, Sr. Vice President, WPIL Ltd., , Ghaziabad)
|Unconventional Machining Processes
||Dr. Sachin Maheshwari, Head Mechanical, Netaji Subhash Chand Bose Institute of Technology, New Delhi
|Heat Exchanger Design and Manufacturing
||Dr. Satish Chand, Head Mechanical, VGI and Professor Retd. MNNIT, Allahabad)
|Solar Power Plants, Operation, Generation & Transmission to Grid
||Dr. GN Tiwari, Centre of Energy studies, IIT Delhi)
|PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT , Identification, Brain Storming & Industrial Design
||Dr. Satish Chand, Head Mechanical, VGI and Professor Retd. MNNIT, Allahabad
|One day Workshop on Atomic Power, Generation, Safety measures & Management
||Mr. A.K. Gupta Scientific Officer-G & Mr. Gaurav Sharma, Trainee Supdt., NPCIL , Narora
In an endevour to support the Government’s Entrepreneurship promotion initiative ,Tthis program is organized so that the student can become self
employed to inculcate the spirit of self employment and employment generation among the students . For this program we invite the experts from Government’s
entrepreneurship development departments , established entrepreneurs from the Industry and , personnel from Bbanks and other Financial Institutions.
The following titles areas are covered.
Need Analysis Identification of Products Published lists of Products
- Small Scale Industry Registration Process
- Financial Institutions
- Small Scale Industry Registration
- Financial Institutions
HIGHER STUDIES & EMPLOYMENT IN PUBLIC SECTORS
Students are encouraged to pursue M.Tech. Degree program at advanced Institutions like IIT’s, NIT’s , Universities and other Institutes of repute.
Quite a good number of Public Sectors sector undertakings shortlist students for Interviews based on the score of GATE examination. The Department has
developed a comprehensive Question Bank covering the syllabus of GATE examination. Online Facility for the same has been developed and students are given
opportunity to test their knowledge . The question Paper is designed exactly on GATE Examination Pattern.
The experts are invited from Industries for providing the opportunity to the students to improve the interview skills in Technical as well as in HR.
Senior HR and technical personnel from various industries are invited regularly to help the incumbent students improve their capability of cracking the
technical and HR interviews. Students are also trained to augment their presentation and communications skills.
Research & Development, Lab Upgrading dation & other Academic activities
Research Work in the following areas has been carried out by Mechanical Engineering Department:
- Performance of Thermal Power Plant at full/Partial loads.,
- Design and Analysis of 1Mwe Parabolic Trough Solar Collector for Solar Power Plants.
- Intellectual Property ,Analysis and its need for industries.
- Optimization of Machining Parameters for Surface finishing.
- Design & Analysis of solar collectors.
- Design and Analysis of Vapour Absorption system.
- Analysis of Coal Gasification having Carbon sequestration.
Research papers published in National/ International Journals:
- Mr. Girendra Bhati, “Selection of Refractory Coating Materials in EPS Assisted Investment Casting with Pattern by using Fuzzy Analytical
Hierarchy Process” Indian Foundry Journal, VOL. 59, No. 2 Feb-2013, 33-44. (National Journal)
- Mr. Girendra Bhati, “Optimization of Coating Materials used on Expendable Polystyrene Pattern in Investment Casting Process” i-manager’s Journal
on Mechanical Engineering, Vol. 3, No. 2, Feb-April 2013, 21-32. (International Journal)
- Mr. Arvind Kumar & Mr. O.P. Umrao “Design & Analysis for 1Mwe Parabolic Trough Solar collector Plant based on DSG method in IJERT, Vol-2, 6 June 2013
- Pradeep Singh, Neeraj Kumar Sharma and Deepak Gaur (2013) “Design & Analysis of Solan Vapour Absorption system using water and Lithium Bromide”.
International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), Vol. 2 issue 6, June 2013.
- Swati Singh (2015) “ A review of coal Gasification Process, Byproducts and its Environmental Impact”IJAEST, Vol-4 Pg no-55-61.
Research papers published in conference proceedings:
- Mr. Girendra Bhati, “Development of Investment Casting Process by using Polystyrene Pattern with vacuum”. Proc. of the 5th International
Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering (ICAME-2011) June 06.08.2011, S.V. National Institute of Technology, Surat-395007, Gujrat India,
1308-1312 (International Conference).
- Mr. Girendra Bhati, “An application of analytical Hierarchy process in selection of coating Material composition in EPS assisted Investment
Casting Process” Emerging Trends in Engineering and Technology (ETEQT-2013) March 16-17, 2013, Vishveshwarya Group of Institutions, Gautam Budh Nagar,
U.P. India, (National Conference)
- Mr. K.P. Pandey “Process capability Study of Attribute type Defect data in a Grey Cast Iron Foundry, a case study in National Conference on “Global
Competitiveness Paradise Shift in Management Engineering & Science” Savera Group of Institutions, Gurgaon held on April 27, 2013.
- Swati Singh (2012) “ Research on Baggasse, Power consumption in sugar mills” on Institutions of engineers india Ghaziabad Campus on 16 May 2012.