CAREER DEVELOPMENT CENTER-AN OVERVIEW
Vishveshwarya Group of Institutions has an extremely active Career Development Center (CDC) that performs multiple developmental and bridging activities. The CDC is headed by Dr. Bharti Kalia, a seasoned professional having 2 decades experience in corporate relations and training/placements.
The CDC acts as a dynamic chain between the students, academia and the industry & works on the following aspects:-
- Assessments of the candidature of the students vis –a- vis the current talent requirement in the industry.
- Understand & forecast the upcoming changes in technology by participating in the technology forums and via its nexus with various industrial bodies and plan for the skill up gradation of the students in order to make them future ready.
- Connect with the technology leaders nationally and internationally and get them to mentor the students on a regular basis by way of guest lectures, seminars/webinars and workshops.
- Assess the gaps between the syllabuses prescribed by the governing universities and the actual skill sets required by the industry.
- Bridge these gaps by organizing training boot camps and other technological skills training programs. These programs are organized in house as well as by the industry in their premises.
- Prepare the students for the upcoming campus placement drives by providing regular training sessions in aptitude, data interpretation ,logical reasoning so that the students can excel in the written assessment component of the recruitment processes of companies like TCS, Infosys and other large corporate.
- Improve the verbal communication skills and confidence of the students by providing spoken English & personality development classes.
- Map the talent and candidature of the students trained by the efforts stated above and invite the recruiting companies for an in campus placement drive.
- Augment the pool of the recruiting companies by establishing and nurturing nexus with the companies in various sectors.
- Ensure smooth handholding of the successfully placed students from the confirmation of their employment to the joining of the students in their respective recruiting companies.